As 2022 comes to a close, we want to take a moment to reflect on everything that this year has brought us, and plan for the year ahead. Below are just a few ideas of how you can plan for your best year yet!
- Think about what brought you joy this year, and build that into the upcoming year. Did you attend an event or volunteer for an organization this past year and want to make sure you get to do it again this year? Check the organization’s website for the 2023 event date, and mark your calendar! By planning far enough in advance, you can ensure a clear calendar when the event rolls around.
- Set SMART goals. From healthy habits to career advancements, when it comes to setting goals, it’s important to be specific in determining what exactly you want to accomplish. SMART goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. This shouldn’t be a daunting task, and by determining these factors up-front, you can easily track your progress throughout the year. A great way to keep track of your goals is by writing them down on a piece of paper and hanging them somewhere in your home you pass every day. Here, your goals are on display and serve as a constant reminder of what you are working towards.
- Get a head start on planning your vacations! Last minute planning can be expensive, but you can save money by planning ahead. First, determine the timeframe of your vacation and your budget. Be sure to look ahead at any activities and book tickets in advance - most attractions offer discounts for buying in advance! By creating a loose itinerary of your trip well in advance, you can take your time booking each part of your trip and save the stress of last-minute planning.
- Take note of any home projects you want to tackle this year. From setting aside funds to contacting tradesmen, there can be a lot of work that goes into planning a renovation project. Before you break out the sledge hammer, be sure to have a clear vision and all of the materials needed to ensure a smooth project completion. If you have a large project to take on, consider working with a vetted contractor.
- Looking to make a move this year? Get started now! Whether that’s getting your finances in order, choosing your dream location, or writing up your must-haves list, it’s never too early to get the process started. Don’t know where to start? Contact one of our team members today to get started!